Gwahati is a major city in Eastern India, center of north east region’s transportation and communications network.It is also a center of north east peoples cultural and intellectual life. Dispur the capital of Assam is situated within this city .
Guwahati is a mixture of beautiful landmark and fast growing developing city in India.It is a major commercial and educational center ,world class institutions such as the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.This city is a major center for sports and other activities of north east peoples and for the administrative and political activities in Assam.
- Latitude : 26 Degrees 10 Minutes 45 Seconds North
- Longitude : 91 Degrees 45 Minutes 0 Seconds East
- Altitude : 55m above sea level
Corporation Area :
- 216.79 sq. km.
- 313.00 sq. km including river (ARSAC)
Population - (1991) :
- Total : 5,84,342
- Male : 3,27,725
- Female : 2,56,617
- Population Denisty : 2695.43 per sq km.
- Average Annual Rainfall : 1600 mm
- Min. & Max temperture : 6 Degree - 38 Degree C
- Relative Humidity : 76.6 percent
- No. of wards : 60
- Black Topped Road : 218km (ARSAC)
- Airport : Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport