GVK EMRI launched 108 services in Assam with a fleet of 20 ambulances on 6th November 2008. Assam is the first state to have all 280 ambulances fitter I with Advanced Life Saving Equipments, which will mark an increased change in the average number of lives, saved in the long run.
Currently GVK EMRI - Assam has a fleet of over 280 ambulances spanning the state and the Emergency Response Centre “ERC “, has already attended to average of over 1200 emergency calls per day.
The main highlights are:-
- It is a 24x7 emergency service.
- Toll Free number available from landline or mobile
- Emergency help will reach you in an average of 18 minutes
- Vision 2011
- Provide Emergency Response Services under Public Private Partnership (PPP) framework.
- Respond to 30 million emergencies and save 1 million lives annually.
- Deliver services at global standards through Leadership, Innovation, Technology, Research and Training.108 Emergency Response Service is a 24X7 emergency service for medical, police and fire emergencies. The service is available for the entire state of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
108 this particular number is being dialling for the purposes
- To save a life
- To report a crime in progress
- To report a fire
Types of Emergencies which are covered under 108:-
- Medical Emergencies
- Serious Injuries
- Cardiac arrests
- Maternal/Neonatal/ Paediatric
- Animal bites
- High Fever
- Police Emergencies
- Robbery / Theft / Burglary
- Street Fights
- Property Conflicts
- Self – inflicted injuries / Attempted suicides
- Public Nuisance
- Missing People· Kidnappings
- Traffic Problems (Traffic Jams or Rallies, road blockage etc)
- Forceful actions, riots etc
Things Not To Do:
Do not call 108 if there is no serious problem or emergency. It is not a number for enquiry or information gathering. Do not play around by dialling 108 as a joke. Otherwise a call in real emergency could be blocked and a life will be lost. If you happen to call 108 by accident then do not hang up until the officer asks you to do so.
- Fire breakouts
- Industrial fire hazards